In this topic I’ ll show you how to insert special characters with ALT Key. It is a very easy to type special character/ALT Codes anywhere.
To type a special character with ALT Key or Shortcut Keys, just follow these steps.
- Ensure that the Num Lock is On.
- Press and hold the Alt key.
- While the Alt key is pressed, type the codes via Numeric Keypad. from the Alt code in the below table.
- Now release the Alt key, and the special characters will appear.
Many fonts improperly display as:
- Alt 166 as ª rather than .
- and Alt 167 as º rather than
NOTE: You must have numeric key pad, Number keys on the top of the keyboard will not work and characters will not appear.
You can also read this:
- Computer Shortcut Keys Make’s Work Quick & Easier
- MS Excel Shortcut Keys That Mostly Used In Daily Office Work
ALT Codes List