If you just switched to the Mac, you can be a bit confused by How to right click on a mac trackpad work.
The Mac is not cool with a mouse or trackpad that has a clear right-click. But that does not mean you can not right-click on the Mac. Regardless of whether you use the built-in trackpad on your Mac laptop. Magic Trackpad, Magic Mouse or third-party mouse with a clear right mouse button. Here’s how to right click on a mac.
How to right click on a mac:
Regardless of how your Mac is set up, pressing the control key on the keyboard and pressing the main mouse button or trackpad will open a context menu or context menu that provides the same functionality that most Windows switches are used to seeing by right-clicking.
If you have a third-party mouse with the right physical button. MacOS should recognize the button and display it accordingly after connecting the mouse. If you like to have another button as the right click. You can configure which button is the main one – left or right – in the mouse system preferences area.
May you like to read:
You can also check out the third-party mouse website for Mac drivers. Some of the best, such as Logitech, offer very sophisticated tools for programming not only buttons. But also other great functionality such as speed tracking and speeding up optics, moving scroll wheels, recording and more.
How to right-click on the trackpad Magic Trackpad or MacBook
- Start the system settings from the Dock or by pressing the button in the upper left corner and selecting “System Preferences”.
- Click the trackpad icon.
- Click the Point and Click tab.
- Now click the checkbox next to “Secondary click“.
Once it is activated, you can right-click by touching the trackpad with two fingers at the same time. You can change the click preference in the left or right corner if you want.
How to turn right click on for a Magic Mouse:
- Start the system settings from the Dock or by pressing the button in the upper left corner and selecting “System Preferences“.
- Click Mouse.
- Select the checkbox “Secondary click” and select “click on the right side” or “click on the left side“, depending on your preferences.
What do you think?
Do you prefer to use the trackpad when you are on your MacBook, or do you choose the Magic Mouse? Let us know in the comments below!